07 August 2010

Resident Evil

Woot! Resident Evil: Afterlife opens on Sept. 10th and I'm going whether or not I'm living in a cardboard box. I'm not going on opening day, that'd be stupid, but I'm going nonetheless.

I've been following all manner of Resident Evil (except comics, although I would if I knew where to go) since I was twelve, and I am so super excited to see that my favorite character is FINALLY going to be in the movie; Chris Redfield (insert squealing here).

Cause I feel like it, I'll note what I've got in my collection: Three official game guides( one of which is the RE5 collector's limited edition), all of the novelizations of the games and the movies, the RE5 limited edition red Xbox 360, three copies of RE5, three copies of RE4, RE1, two copies RE1 (2002 Remake), two copies RE0, two copies RE2, RE3, RE: Code Veronica, RE: Umbrella Chronicles, RE: Darkside Chronicles.

Now, the reason I have multiple copies of the RE4, is because they have differences between platforms. I can't remember, I might have a fourth copy just cause it was on a different console :D. All the rest of the multiple copies are on different consoles. (Proud to say I have RE2 on the Nintendo 64!) As for RE5? I bought it on the day it came out. Then a few days later I found out that it had the red Xbox which came with another copy.

And then I found the limited edition in a used store with all the extras in it: a necklace of Kijuju, a Tricell messenger bag, a BSAA patch and a Chris Redfield figurine (he's about four inches tall?). Which brings me to three action figures, who are are much bigger than he is: another Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (RE1 GameCube) and Zealot (RE4).

Oh, yeah. And the movies. I own two copies of each movie, including Degeneration. The first one because the second edition came out with more special features and the other two because I lost my first two copies somewhere in the house, lol. As for Degeneration, the first copy I bought 'cause I wanted the movie. The second 'cause we went to Wal-mart and saw it came with a t-shirt. It makes me sad, though, because I don't know where my beloved t-shirt is. :(

Until I reread this I didn't realise how much of a Resident Evil Retard I was. I've invented a term. I'm a RE-RE. Haha. And I will forever be one.

3 comments:

  1. RE-RE my sister. I didn't realize you had so much Resident Evil stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and I forgot to mention the two Outbreak games lol Not to mention the hundreds of audio files on the computer and the pictures... and the calender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.o Stuff, stuff, stuff! But good stuff. :D I've forgotten about the files on the computer!

    ReplyDelete